What a glorious day as we “REMEMBER”.
Rockingham Light Horse Troop incursion. Did you know?
– 168,000 horses went to Gallipoli and only 1 returned 😓
– Each soilder had to carry 178kg of basic items with them
every day on the front line.
– They shoulder strap contained 90 bullets.
– The “slouch” hat has one side folded to avoid the hat getting
in the way whilst drawing their firearms.
– The feather in the “slouch” hat identified the soldiers from
Western Australia and is from an emu.
We have all learned something today 💜 Thank you to Mrs Eve Clucas and the Rockingham Light Horse Troop for today.